Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When to

Default When to

Hello, my dd has started with solids but only about a tsp or 2 a day. So far she has has avocado, sweet potato and banana. I was advised to start with purees (mixed with bm) as she has a very sensitive gag reflex. I use a very flat small spoon and just hold it to her lips. So far so good. My concern is that since she was 3.5 months old she only nurses to sleep and in her sleep (6 times). She gained 520g between months 5 and 6 so it seems fine for her. She will not nurse before solids when i offer. I have been offering her solids about 1 hour after she finished nursing. Is this okay? She typically nurses every 3 hours(naps an hour so i let her stay latched on to catch a second letdown. As she nurses on the low side i just don't want
    Solids to replace milk too soon. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by @llli*mominlyon; November 15th, 2013 at 05:50 AM.

Default Re: When to

How old is she?
    Mama to a sweet kitty born July 2012.

She will be 7 months on December 4th.

Have you considered taking a baby-led solids approach? The whole point of purées is that you can shovel them into the baby's mouth, and to a certain extent that enables you to overwhelm her own feeding cues.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"