Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Looking for immunity boost reco

Default Looking for immunity boost reco

This time of year sharing air space with sick people is pretty much unavoidable. When my own staff is sick I send them directly home, but we also work out of a Client's office with 1200 employees. I'm avoiding sick people and doing the usual 1000 hand washes a day. I hardly ever get sick, maybe once every year or year and a half, and of course I'm feeling a little off. But it's just barely so I would like to do some additional immunity boosting ASAP. Any nursing friendly suggestions via food or natural supplements?
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

Default Re: Looking for immunity boost reco

Not a food or supplement suggestion, but how about putting one of those hand sanitizer dispensers outside your work zone? When I see them, I often take advantage of them.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

A few cups of green tea or a daily dehydrated greens supplement work wonders for me.

Sleep helps so much.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Vaporizer! More moisture content in the air squeezes out the number of circulating airborne viruses.

My awesome sister gave me the answer. Garlic capsules. Can't believe I did not think of this myself. I even have a bottle, just forgot about them. Started them right away.
    I also started using my nasal/sinus irrigation machine (the Grossan Hydro Pulse) every night and every morning since I wrote this.
    I'm still run down, but my symptoms haven't worsened at all, and I've not run a fever, which is a huge plus. I still feel like I am on the verge of an illness rather than riddled with one.

I'd love way more sleep. Prior to having a baby I was early to bed, early to rise, and 8 solid hours in between. But these days that's pretty much driven by the little monkey who co-sleeps with us.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12