Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Increasing supply while TTC?

Smile Increasing supply while TTC?

Hello ladies. My little man is 10 months old. Recently I've noticed a dip in my supply that typically happens directly after ovulation and lasting through until after my period. Recently, that dip has been significant. I was pumping about 8-10oz a day recently, but now it's dropped to 4! Which is only enough for one of his bottles (I send two 4-oz bottles to daycare). We nurse morning and evening, and baby boy sleeps through the night.

I'm currently 5dpo, and don't want to take fenugreek or mother's milk tea, as I'm not sure it's completely safe while TTC or in early pregnancy. Are there any other options? I'm going to make lactation cookies tonight, and I started on a calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement, which I've read can help. I drink a lot of water.

I don't think I can fit another pumping session in during the day at work. The only time I could fit one in would be before I go to bed, around 10pm.

Any suggestions or advice for me? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Default Re: Increasing supply while TTC?

You are right, those are not safe during PG so if you're TTC you need to avoid the herbs. If you conceive you will likely see a huge decrease in supply anyway. You may need to step up solids if you're not able to give as much milk as your baby wants.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Another pump session will be way better than any tea, supplement, or cookie. If you're not getting the milk you want by throwing in a 10 p.m. session, you might want to (don't hate me for suggesting this!!!) set your alarm and pump in the middle of the night, or better yet, nurse the baby in the middle of the night.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Middle of the night would be perfect although a pain. I did that for a year for DD.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.