Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Hoping and praying I'm not..........

Default Hoping and praying I'm not..........

PREGNANT!!

My daughter is just shy of 3 months old. Hubby and I had an oopsie at 5 weeks postpartum. I started the mini pill about a week later and had a really light flow for 3 days. Nothing since. I was laying on my back and sat my l/o on my lower abdomen and it felt odd, like there was a hardness inside. I'm scared to test. I'm ebf my daughter and just turned 43. Anyone had this happen to them and NOT be pregnant?

Default Re: Hoping and praying I'm not..........

I think a lot of women have had something like this and not been pregnant. You have a lot of good reasons to think that you're not. First, you're EBF a 3 month old, and that should be damping down your fertility. Second, you're taking hormonal contraception. Third, you only had one light "period", which may not have been a period at all. Breakthrough bleeding is one of the most common side-effects of hormonal contraception. Fourth, you had ONE "oopsie" and a period (maybe) in between that oopsie and now. Fifth, you're 43. Your fertility is probably not as great as it was 10, 15, or 20 years ago- and if you don't want to be pregnant again, that's a plus!

Take a test, put your mind at ease.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"