Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did you baby STTN?

Default Re: When did you baby STTN?

@ llli*petersmommyjessi
    my 4 mos old girl start STTN at 2 mos. i had a very bad issue before, she was a good sleeper from birth til 2 weeks. i changed her diaper without waking, she just suck her hands but no cry when she's hungry. but when we transfer to another apartment when she was 2 weeks old, her sleep pattern was chnaged. at first we thought she just find strange to the new environment but we were absolutely wrong. she wanted us to play with her at night, cried aloud when we close the lights. she wanted to nurse often though she's full until she vomits.there are even times when she doesn't want to stay at our room, she want in the kitchen. at age 2 months i search it on internet, even post here and one mom told me to establish a night pattern. i did try it- night bath, i read book for her( she likes it when i read Bible aloud), nurse and pacifier instead of nursing often and end up vomitting. it was not so easy, she still wakes up when i put her to bed though we co-sleep.until i discover that holding her on my arms and we sleep both is comfortable for her. that's how i establish a night pattern,at 3 mos she STTN 5 hrs stretch sucks her hands when hungry but eyes are close which is a sign for me to nurse her and we fall back to sleep i just let her latch as long as she wants.

Thank you everyone!! This is very helpful. It's good to know that he WILL sleep at some point whether it's 18 months or 3 years old. And that I may have to night wean him at some point or maybe not. For now, this is working for us, so I'll keep on doing what we are doing until it doesn't work. I enjoy cosleeping with him and love the snuggles, but he can be restless at times. Our issue now is that we have a queen bed and there isn't much room for my husband. I'm trying to talk him into getting a king size bed, considering we may be cosleeping for a while.

Get the king! I stupidly bought a new queen three months before my daughter was born. Passed it along to my mom, and bought a king this summer. SO worth it.
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!

A REAL king. not cal.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    When I night weaned him. Which was when he was 3.9 year old. But he started sleeping at least one 4-5hour stretch when he was 5 weeks old. Because that's when I started using Fuzzibuns and stopped getting up to change him at night.
    Do you mean he was more comfortable in Fuzzibuns all night than a disposable or other cloth brand? We use prefolds, doubled up at night, most nights they work all night but sometimes she pees through and we have to change her.

My lo didn't sleep through the night until she was 12 months old. She had pretty much night weaned herself.
    Wife to Jon - 1/07/2012
    Mum to Emmaline Grace- 10/4/12 7 ibs. 13 oz.