Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I need help!!! Please???

Default I need help!!! Please???

My 3 month old since yesterday has been fussy the whole time she nurses. She has had rosy cheeks but never a fever. And today if she wasn't sleeping she was crying. And she has been sleeping ALOT. I had a visit with the pediatrician today and mentioned it but she didn't say anything just checked her temp which again there was none. Any ideas please!?!?

Default Re: I need help!!! Please???

Poor baby, and poor mama, too! The best thing you can do is to nurse as much as she is willing, keep an eye on her diaper output and her temperature, dose her with something like Motrin or Tylenol if she seems really uncomfortable, and take her back to the doc if her fever lasts more than 3 days or goes really high.

Hang in there, mama! It just sucks when a baby is sick.

do you think baby is ill or that there is something else going on? fwiw, My toddller has been extra fussy & wakeful the last few nights and finally last night started showing obvious signs of a cold- runny nose, cough. No fever, just looks like a cold. She also has that red cheek look.

I'm not sure that's why I ask. She is restless the while time she nurses an is fussing. Then she's just crying and if not crying sleeping. And again she has been sleeping a lot!! So is it a growth spurt? But if it is wouldn't she want and need to nurse more? I'm so confused and feel helpless