Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how to switch back to breastfeeding from pumping -bottle?

Default how to switch back to breastfeeding from pumping -bottle?

hi,
    my baby is 10 week old. due to poor latch on and jaundice in the beginning i switched to pumping and bottle feed her. now i want to switch to breast feeding exclusively. Did anyone got success in getting back to breastfeeding at 10 weeks? i think it is too late. I tried LC but not much help. they ask me to use nipple shield i tried but she is not staying more than 2 minutes.. any help?

is there any previous link to refer? i badly need to change to EBF..

Default Re: how to switch back to breastfeeding from pumping -bottle

Not too late. You can do this although yes it will take a bit of determination, most likely.

http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/back-to-breast/ best link ever on getting baby back to breast. I could write and write but Kelly Mom has it written better here.
    ETA :

you should fine somebody good, maybe a different IBCLC or LLL leader who can help watch your baby latch and give you some hands-on help in getting baby latched on correctly and painlessly. If your baby latches on well it really shouldn't hurt. A nipple shield isn't a cure-all and in some cases can help and some cases can hurt.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Default Re: how to switch back to breastfeeding from pumping -bottle

Good advice from the PP. Do read that link- it covers pretty much all the basics about getting a baby back to the breast.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"