Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 1 year and pump weaned!

Default 1 year and pump weaned!

We made it to 1 year and last week was my first week of not pumping. Oh so liberating not dragging that thing with me! Jordan has surprisingly taken to cow's milk without even blinking an eye. Today was the first day I didn't send her with any bottles. As far as weaning her completely that may take a little while, we have problems with her waking in the middle of the night at least once. Although she's not interested much in nursing during the day, nighttime seems to calm her down and get her back to sleep the fastest.
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

Default Re: 1 year and pump weaned!

Congrats on making it to a year, mama! Job well done!

I know how sweet it is to be done with pumping. And I only did it for a few months!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Congrats on you year of pumping! And your 1368 oz of donated milk - awesome.

Are you in a hurry to wean?

I'd like to be weaned by Christmas. I think I could wean now except for the 1-2 night wakings. She naps and goes to sleep at night just fine without nursing if I'm not home. We still have about 300 ounces of milk in the freezer that I'm debating about using some of or going ahead and donating the rest.
    Trying to keep up with a busy 3.5 year old Morgan Alexis born 11/5/09 at 6 lbs 5 oz and proud retired 1 year EP'er!

Nursing our new addition Jordan Catherine born 10/21/12 at 7 lbs 14 oz.

Total donated milk so far - 1,368 ounces!

I would use some. She's nursing just a few times a day, right? Maximize her intake now, especially if you're planning on weaning in the next 6 months.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"