Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what is a normal feeding interval for 3 mo?

Default what is a normal feeding interval for 3 mo?

my LO is now 3 mo and 3 weeks. she is mix feeding with formula and breastmilk since i am working at day. she consumes 3 oz per feed i think that's fine for her age but the thing i am much concerned is she loves to sleep now a days. she's able to sleep at night for 5 hrs without feed even if i stimulate her through my fingers or my breast or latch but fall to sleep again. even during day time, i make sure to nurse her at 7am before leaving the house and nanny give milk pump milk or formula around 11 or 12 when she's awake.
    her weight at birth was 2.870kgs, 47cm height.now she's 62cm and weighs 7kgs. do i have to be concern by her growth and intake?

Default Re: what is a normal feeding interval for 3 mo?

i am not looking those numbers up on a growth chart right now but you can:
    http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/who_...rowth%20Charts

but a 3 month old should genereally be nursing at least 8 times per day. so one 5 hour stretch is fine, but two is probably not (and your baby has two now - one night 5 hour stretch, then from 7 am to noon). offer more.

and yes, 3 oz is fine. increase her milk by increasing frequency, not amount.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Default Re: what is a normal feeding interval for 3 mo?

thank you for your kind reply