Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My baby won't sleep without me at night

Default My baby won't sleep without me at night

My infant is 7 months old. We have coslept from the beginning. I work 2 nights a week 7pm -7am. He hasn't ever taken the bottle well but he will drink a little from it, but what is really frustrating my husband is that when DS awakens and finds I am not there he screams and it is difficult for DH to get him back to sleep. DH blames it on how I sleep with him and nurse him on demand. I am actually considering finding a day job 9-5 even though I would hate being away from my kids so much I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions. Other moms out there working the night how do you DH's cope.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby

Default Re: My baby won't sleep without me at night

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*romeroke View Post
    DH blames it on how I sleep with him and nurse him on demand.
    I am not sure there is any guarantee that baby sleeping in his own spot away from you would stop him from waking up. And perhaps it would make it worse. He is at the age that if you were going to try putting him in a crib it would probably be doable, waiting any later seems like it would be more difficult. However it's unlikely you'd be able to keep up your supply in my opinion if you aren't night nursing. How serious are you about switching to a day shift? Would that mean he went to childcare at that time?

Default Re: My baby won't sleep without me at night

Thanks for responding. I was careful to put LO to sleep next to me after nursing instead of cuddling him on my arm and he had a much better weekend with dad even took the bottles better. I really feel I have the ideal situation only usually working 2 nights a week and not needing outside child care. It just usually takes my husband and LO a little while to make peace with each other without me. Hopefully that has now happened.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby