Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby Not Napping!

Unhappy Re: Baby Not Napping!

Oh My God, this is the first time i heard of such a sleeping schedule. Must b so difficult for you.......

Default Re: Baby Not Napping!

My baby is 3mo and very recently she started taking naps without me holding her. I have tried several tricks and here are some things that worked:

When she was around 20 days I found out that she would nap when she was in the stroller outside the house, so I was taking her in a park near by, sitting in a bench with a book and constantly moving the stroller back and forth. It helped me a lot to relax and she was happily napping for almost two hours. I used a stroller with a bassinet suitable for sleep.

In the evenings, after nursing I was lying in the couch and I was placing her in my chest and she would nap.

After the 6 weeks I used a front carrier, when shopping, walking and she was taking naps in there. I will try a sling, it seems that the majority of babied love it.

At about 2.5 mo, she started to nap more regularly 2-3 times per day for 1-2 hours. As she is growing up, she naps more easily, some times I even put her down awake and she falls asleep, while I am holding her hand and singing.

Be positive and things will get better

The new native is relatively cheap. They are usually around $40. The only other reputable one in that price range is the Moby. Then they jump up to like $60 at least. The new native if you already own, you should play around with. Don't think because she cries the 1st few time you try it that you should give up. Try different positions and most importantly GET MOVING! They go to sleep and are interested by the moving around.
    When you think about sling and wraps and how much they cost, you should be willing to spend at least as much as you would on a swing or a stroller. Your baby ends up spending more time in one than either of these items that people don't bat an eye at spending a ton on. The sling and wrap can all but replace a stroller and gets used in the house while a stroller won't. We used the wrap or sling to go out where ever we went until he was 10 months old. At that point I broke down and bought an umbrella stroller because he weighed 21lbs and I was having back spasms from carrying him around the mall. But the new native I retired early (when he got to be about 14lbs) and it made a comeback last month. Now that he's old enough to hip ride I use it again all the time! And now that the separation anxiety is so prominent, it's as key to getting anything done around the house as it ever was when he was a new born that didn't want to be put down. Keep practicing with the pouch. They are worth their weight in gold.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    Don't think because she cries the 1st few time you try it that you should give up. Try different positions and most importantly GET MOVING!
    I second this! The first several times that I put DD in her front carrier she cried but now she loves it & she loves our Maya wrap now too. I think any new thing made her cry at first. She grew out of that.
    Lynda
    Tree-hugging, queer-loving, liberal, feminist Mommy to L August 2006

My 1st son slept constantly and was hard to wake to nurse. This one is constantly awake. He was awake from9 am to 10 pmthe other day! But at least he's sleeping at night now! LOL But it does makeit hard to get anyhting done.

And he hates his car seat, hates the bouncy seat, hates the swing, hates the upright carrier, doesn't care for swaddling.
    He does like the sling and my homemade wrap (made from just 5 yards of fabric--$5 total)

I have to hold him constatly! He'll nap for 5-20 minutes occasionally. Which I usually have to use to eat, pee or do something for my 2 year old, so no housework is getting done.

But I do get to spend a lot of time on the computer and wathing tv and reading books. LOL

Every baby is different . . .
    Oh I almost forgot, a light swaddle with one arm out and lay him in the boppy pillow and he'll sleep for a few mintes

I did get the new native sling, but she hates being in it. She seems so smushed in it. I think I'll try the Maya wrap. It seems as if that material is a little bit lighter.

As of now she's taking a nap in my arms around 2 pm and once I was able to switch her over to her cradle for another 20 minutes. I thought I was in heaven and that it would continue, but no.

She was beginning to get tired around 7:00 and fall asleep, but these last two days I've tried to put her down at 7 and she'll nurse and be fussy and won't sleep till 11!!!

we are in the same boat w no napping....except if he is in my arms (like now) he will sleep verrry peacefully for as long as i will sit! the new native sling was great when he was little, but now hes too big to lay and sleep in it...
    very strange thing yesterday.....i had to run to the bathroom so i put ds down on the rug where he plays.....he slept sooo good! now, if i went to put him in his pack and play he would have woke upcrying half way down...i tried it again later and it worked too.

djs mom.....for walking around shopping now i stand ds up facing out....i still have to hold him up with one arm but he loves being like that....plus i can tuck him in my coat so just his head sticks out if its cold.....i tried the hip carry last night...but it feels awkward....his legs have to stick up into the sling....did you feel the same....is it just like how it was getting used to it in the very beginning??
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

My lo is the same way. Never napping in the day time. the day light keeps her up. I put her in the swing after I rock her and feed her. She usually sleeps 1-2 hours. twice a day. Sometimes she just wont nap at all. I try hard to get that nap in because she seems to be happier in the evening with her day time naps. Good Luck!!!!! Even though I need the break, if she naps too long I miss her... I still let her sleep.