Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Problems from one breast

Default Problems from one breast

Hey all, I'm new here. I am looking for some advice. My son is 5 months old (on Thursday) and for the last day and a half, every time he nurses from my right breast, he throws up (projectile) within 30 minutes of eating. He is nursing on the left side with no problems. Does anyone have any idea why this could be? Has anyone had a similar problem? Thank you in advance for any help anyone is able to offer.

Default Re: Problems from one breast

Welcome to the forum!

My first instinct is to think that baby has a tummy bug of some sort, and that's why he's throwing up. In that case, the fact that he always hurls after the right breast would be a coincidence.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thank you for your input. I'm concerned because he will go hours after eating from the left breast but within 30 minutes of eating from the right, he vomits a lot.

It doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about. It could just be that one breast has a faster let down than the other so LO gets a fuller tummy quicker and is just experiencing normal reflux. Babies spit up, some more forcefully than others. I have twins- one was a vomitter, one wasn't. I was always worried that there was something wrong with the one who vomited, but there never was. He always grew at the same rate as his twin. So as long as your LO in growing well and is healthy otherwise- just get yourself a nice burp rag and know that baby wipes do a great job of getting milk vomit out of carpets!