Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Normal poop for EBF 6 week old? Warning, pic in post.

Default Normal poop for EBF 6 week old? Warning, pic in post.

After 1 week of being at home, poop turned from yellow to green, less seedy and more slimy. He has also been fussy and acting like something was bothering him. Eliminated all dairy for 1 week. After 1 week, notice some improvement in behavior (little less fussy and slept better) and no change in poop. Started to eat only greek yogurt (twice per day) and stick cheese (twice per day) and I really can't tell. He's had a few doozies where he cried and nursed for 5 hours straight (all while off dairy). I know that 1 week isn't long enough and I need to go at least 2 weeks, if not a month, before true change is observed. I was just trying to fast track it since dairy is my main source of protein due to a medical condition I have. Just discovered Mommy's Bliss Gripe Water last night and it has saved the day (and night)!! I've attached a pic from this morning. What do y'all think?
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

Default Re: Normal poop for EBF 6 week old? Warning, pic in post.

I think that looks like normal breastfed baby poop, a bit more greenish than some, but certainly not as fluorescent green or spinach green as it can get. I wouldn't worry about it unless the baby is constantly miserable, consistently producing green and/or blood tinged/flecked/streaked poops, or failing to gain weight.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thank you! It looks like this almost every time. Thank goodness no signs of blood in his stools, but I did read that it could be present and not visible. He's been fussy a lot since he was 2 weeks old. However, I've had thrush from around that starting point too (undiagnosed until this past Tuesday...I thought all the nipple and breast pain was normal). Thank God this lactation consultant saw it and saved our breastfeeding relationship!

I think thrush can also turn poop green. And it can certainly cause lots of fussiness and discomfort in the baby.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"