Re: First 2 weeks and still not enough milk supply. *Depress
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new baby!
Some questions for you which may help us pinpoint what is going on:
- How was your birth? Did you have a vaginal birth or a c-section? Did you have a lot of bleeding? Was there any problem with the placenta detaching and being delivered? Did you have IV fluids?
- How is baby's latch? Is it painful at all? When he nurses, is he active at the breast?
- Do you have any preexisting health conditions or surgeries that might explain low supply. For example: PCOS, thyroid disorder, breast implant or reduction, previous breast surgery?
- Are you taking any medications which could be impacting supply, particularly hormonal contraceptives?
- How many times per day does baby nurse?
- How many times per day do you pump?
- What sort of pump are you using? (Make and model, new or used?)
- How does pumping feel?
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"