Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giving up the scale

Default Re: Giving up the scale

thanks auderey and thanks for all your support!
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    Yeah, I think they're close to their max now, at least I hope so yes this is more of a quest to get off supplements but if not I'm fairly at peace and HMHB has been a great resource for milk donors. I still am leery of formula but thankfully haven't had to give any yet. BUt yes I think I'm close to 80% which honestly is probably pretty good for twins, isn't it? I mean, I know some women who just really struggle with making enough for twins. I have a few friends who always made plenty and I have a couple of friends who have had to supplement from the beginning due to being so premature they needed preemie formula. My boys missed the cut off for that so they didn't have to have formula but we still give vit D and iron.
    They've been stable on 7-8 oz of donor milk for a while, actually less than the 10 oz they were requiring. And I agree with auderey, 80% is GREAT for twins! You're making what would be an oversupply for a singleton. And it's really nice you haven't had to use formula.

Thank you bfwmom, I really appreciate all of your support too. It;s great having my baby boys here but it's also been a long first 12 weeks.

I'm so excited I could cry (OK hormonal, much?) but one of my local friends has a baby and she has OS and she has offered to give me milk until the end of November! I am soooooo excited because I totally trust her and this is so huge, no worries about formula for at least until they're 5 mos old now if not longer! So blessed.

awesome!!!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

That's wonderful, krystine. Yay!!!!