Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Creepy crawlies??

Default Creepy crawlies??

I have a 5 month old, and for over a month now nearly every time I nurse her I get a strange creepy crawly sensation! Not terrible enough to make me want to wean, but definitely irritating enough to dread nursing sometimes. I've read that it can happen if you breastfeed while pregnant... But as far as I know (plenty of negative hpts) I'm not pregnant! What else could it be???

Default Re: Creepy crawlies??

That sounds like dysphoric milk ejection reflex: http://d-mer.org
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I had something similar when my son was about 2 months old. If you could make the sound of nails on a chalkboard into a feeling, that is what I felt, deep down in my nerves. It only happened when he nursed on my right side and, luckily for me, it only lasted about a month or so. I would prepare for it mentally, take deep breaths through it, then when it passed I would look at my son and be happy he was nursing. It was worse at bedtime, when we were sitting in the dark alone, but during the day I would be out in the living room, listening to music, watching TV, or something and the distraction made it less noticeable.

Good luck, I hope it subsides soon.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

I had the same kind of feeling early on when my little guy was about 3 months old....i just prefered one side over the other because I hated that 'creepy crawly' feeling.
    Turns out it was thrush! Yep, thrush..and he didn't even really have any signs other than just a tiny tiny bit of white on his tongue that I attributed to the breast milk.
    It might not be the same for you but I would def get that checked jic.

Hope this helps :-)