They are re-roofing my building at work. Today at 1:30 they must have put some commercial grade sealant or other kind of solvent on the roof. My office is located on the top floor. From 1:30-3:30, an incredibly strong chemical smell was present in my office. We opened all of our windows, but it didn't help too much. It was so strong that it felt like it was in our noses and down our throats (similar to the effect that a heavy paint smell would have on you). One man had an asthma attack thanks to the smell. I felt a little dizzy, and even after leaving work could "taste" the smell in my throat/nose (if that makes sense).
The nurse at work was worried about me since I am breastfeeding, and mentioned that I may need to pump and dump. My husband is angry with my work because he says those were toxic fumes pouring in on us.
Can I nurse tonight? I pumped at work at about 4pm. Is that milk ok to use?
Any thoughts are much appreciated, as we will be needing to nurse here in the next hour!