Re: about to give up..
Welcome to the forum!
Feeling engorged isn't a necessary aspect of successful breastfeeding, so don't worry about that. And in general, drinking to thirst and nursing on demand is all that is required to maintain milk supply- so don't overhydrate, and don't worry if your diet isn't perfect or if you're sleepless and stressed.
Some questions for you:
- How often does baby nurse in a 24 hour period? Is she in the 10-12 range, the 8-10 range, or <8?
- How does nursing feel? Is there any pain for you?
- Is baby setting her own timing for feedings- i.e. is the 5-10 minute feeding her idea, or is it something you're doing by watching the clock?
- How much formula are you using in a 24 hour period?
- Are you supplementing after every feeding, or only after some feedings?
- How often are you pumping?
- How much milk are you pumping each time?
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"