Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: traveling for work first month postpartum

Default Re: traveling for work first month postpartum

It was a lot easier for me to be zen about things the second (and third) times around than the first - hopefully you will find that to be true as well! And yeah, don't pump in the hospital. Unless there's something unusual going on.

thought i'd update y'all - i have an interview scheduled for next week, when jory will be exactly 3 weeks. it's driving distance, so the whole famdamily is going, and the hiring dept has a) scheduled time for me to pump during the long day away (as expected), b) given us the name of a babysitter to help DH out in the afternoon, and c) found another sahd who is willing to host a play date in the morning. impressive so far! i've just been pumping once a day to store, and this trip shouldn't set me back much milk total, so it's perfect for such an early one.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Oh my gosh auderey, other than the fact that you have to go for an interview at 3 weeks postpartum, that sounds about as ideal as it gets! That's great they are being so amazingly thoughtful and accommodating! Thanks for the update, by the way, I was wondering about this.

Glad it's working so well! Jory is still so young!
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*auderey View Post
    thought i'd update y'all - i have an interview scheduled for next week, when jory will be exactly 3 weeks. it's driving distance, so the whole famdamily is going, and the hiring dept has a) scheduled time for me to pump during the long day away (as expected), b) given us the name of a babysitter to help DH out in the afternoon, and c) found another sahd who is willing to host a play date in the morning. impressive so far! i've just been pumping once a day to store, and this trip shouldn't set me back much milk total, so it's perfect for such an early one.
    Wow. That is so great and supportive it's making me cry! I guess there is hope for this world yet.

That's good news.

aw, thanks, everyone! it really helps to have such a supportive community at my back. that sounds corny but i mean it sincerely.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I understand! I think a lot of fuzzy, corny-sounding things about you all, too.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

I'm so impressed about the accommodations the University is providing I feel like they should get an award. Can LLL create some sort of "Best Supportive Environment for a Nursing Mother" award? Man, this is just for an interview, too -- so many people can't get that kind of help from family or friends.
    Mom to my sweet little "Pooper," born 10/12/11, and "Baby Brother," born 6/23/2014, and married to heavy metal husband. Working more than full-time, making healthy vegetarian meals for family, and trying to keep up with exercise routine.