Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over eating

Default Over eating

Hey y'all

I've been so amazed about how my dd has been eating... And then I got concerned...

Today she ate an apple (all of it) in her morning snack, then didn't eat much at lunch (probably full from the apple)

She then nursed and took a 2 hr nap. She woke up hungry, so I cooked a chicken breast and I cut some avocado for her. She ate the WHOLE chicken breast and about 1/4 of the avocado. I do not spoon feed, she was eating with her hands...

Is she over eating? She usually eats like that at lunch time, from what my mom tells me, who's keeping her during the day.

My dd also snacks pretty much all day long. Every hour she's eating something...

Default Re: Over eating

How old is she?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Yep. How old?

Way too lazy for formula

Oops I forgot that didn't I?

She's 15 mo

Oh NO! A 15 month old can eat that much! And you want her too! The more she eats, the less dependent on breastmilk she is. And that is what you want. That is where weaning begins. By eating more solids.

Way too lazy for formula

Isn't it amazing how much food a little person can put away? I wouldn't worry, let her hunger dictate how much she can eat. It sounds like you're offering her healthy foods so I'd keep it up.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

My LO has days -- like a few this week -- where she seems to eat almost as much as I do! But then she barely eats more than a few pieces of fruit a few times a day for a few days and then I start worrying she's not eating enough. I think some kids eat that way; their little bodies calorie-binge and then burn it off over a few days.
    Mom to my sweet little "Pooper," born 10/12/11, and "Baby Brother," born 6/23/2014, and married to heavy metal husband. Working more than full-time, making healthy vegetarian meals for family, and trying to keep up with exercise routine.

No worries! Toddlers are funny about food- you'll have days when you cannot believe how much they are eating, and others when they seem to subsist on nothing but air. Trust your LO to self-regulate- that ability is one of the hypothetical lifelong side-benefits of breastfeeding.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Definitely normal for us in binges. DS will, at least once a week, eat about 8 ounces of red meat in a day. He seems to prefer erratic eating-- 1 cup of watermelon here, 3 oz of steak there...always partitioned by food group. I guess he's read the literature on nutrient partitioning and is sold...?

LOL

I guess we new moms are always worried about our kids! There's always something... Too much food, not eating enough... Etc etc...
    So glad we have this forum to come to when we freak out

And yes, some days I get worried too because all she eats is cereal or something like that...
    Thanks mamas!