Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Storage question

Default Storage question

Hi ladies! I had a babysitting with my son for about two hours yesterday and left a bottle with her. My son ended up falling asleep for that time, so the bottle wasn't used. I'm not at all concerned about him not eating the bottle (he is a very happy and healthy eater these days after a rough start). My question is: the milk went from the fridge (2 days old) to room temperature, back to the fridge. The milk is now 3 days old. Can I still give it to him, and if so, in what time frame? Thanks!

Default Re: Storage question

there's really not much research. LLL suggests using "common-sense food handling" for milk, plus it's usually easy to tell when it's bad (smell/taste). and i think different mama's milk is more robust than others. so i personally would use that milk again, at the earliest opportunity (next couple days), but others might not. for a healthy full-term baby.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Thanks!

My LC said there isn't a lot of research, like Auderey said, but that they consider it still good for the next feeding.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.