Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby refusing to nurse

Default Baby refusing to nurse

i returned to work and i have been pumping bottle feeding and nursing. Nolan was doin great at switching from breast to bottle and so forth. However this evening he is refusing to nurse at the breast, but he will take a bottle. This is making me nervous that he is no longer going to want to nurse. We have never had latching issues or anything. He has not slept much today, and has been VERY fussy. PLEASE HELP
    Lindsay
    Nolan Ignatius
    Born June 5th, 2013

Smile Re: Baby refusing to nurse

Sorry, mama! Is your LO co-sleeping with you, and night-nursing? Allowing that to happen is a great weapon against bottle preference- the more baby gets the idea that nursing is about relaxing and resting, the better. And many babies who resist daytime nursing will nurse at night, when they're too tired to fuss.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Baby refusing to nurse

Here are some other suggestions from kelly mom about dealing with nursing refusal: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/back-to-breast/

Baby fussiness and breast refusal also make me wonder about illness, especially since he was doing fine up to now - does he seem sick in any way?