Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My little baby turning into a toddler??

Default My little baby turning into a toddler??

Recently my 8 month old DD has prefered to nurse while sitting up (if not side-lying) And I'm still adjusting to make it comfortable for me.

In one of my Nursing books I read that toddlers mostly nurse while sitting up, except when they are sleepy and I'm wondering, does your LO nurse while sitting up? When did this start?

Default Re: My little baby turning into a toddler??

If I don't direct him into a side-lying position, DS will nurse straight on sitting up. I don't think he's really that comfy though, 'cause he will always let me lay him down and he'll stay that way.

Hi Kaylee's Mom,
    I imagine you'll get a variety of responses here. Other than the tendency for some toddlers to do a bit of wiggling and squirming while nursing , I haven't seen toddlers mostly nursing one way or the other.
    I hope you find a way to nurse that works for both of you!
    Mary

DS is 15 months this weekend and nurses both ways. Even when he nurses sitting up he likes to rest his head in the crook of my arm. I think it is pretty cute, he's even been falling asleep this way. But yes, I notice less antsy movement when he nurses that way as opposed to lying down.