Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: We're here!

Default We're here!

My LO and I have made it to a year of nursing! I'm feeling such a mix of emotions today - I'm so happy and thankful that I have this beautiful, amazing little person in my life. I'm so awed that a whole year, with it's joys and frustrations, has passed already. I'm excited, but a little sad, that my little baby is becoming a toddler.

I'm so thankful for you LLL ladies. This board has saved my sanity, not on just nursing issues, but everything from sleep to solids to poop! lol What a great community!

Now that my daughter is a year, I don't see weaning anytime in the future -she still wakes at night and nurses like a newborn some days. I'm really happy about it - it means my busy little explorer still has a desire to come and cuddle with her mama!

Thanks again ladies, and keep up the good work!

Default Re: We're here!

Great job -- And all this while going "no shampoo"!! My LO is almost 2 years now and we're still nursing, and where I used to think I wouldn't nurse past a year, I think if anything it will be so weird to stop now. Amazing how your life and thinking can change in that way!! Congratulations!
    Mom to my sweet little "Pooper," born 10/12/11, and "Baby Brother," born 6/23/2014, and married to heavy metal husband. Working more than full-time, making healthy vegetarian meals for family, and trying to keep up with exercise routine.

Thanks filmmommy! You're right, it would be so weird to stop now, or any time in the foreseeable future!

I have to admit though, I abandoned the no 'poo thing about 2 months ago. It really wasn't working for me anymore. Have you tried it yet?

No, but I keep saying once I run out of conditioner I'm going to. I seem to run out of either shampoo or conditioner and then buy the other hoping they'll both run out together. I'll be needing your guidance at some point, though.

Good luck with toddler nursing. It is nice to be able to communicate about it and much more amusing. My LO yesterday during a car trip said, "You want to nurse in the car," while we were driving, of course (she says "you want" instead of "I want"). Sometimes we'll be in one room and she says, "You want to nurse in the other room." Very silly!
    Mom to my sweet little "Pooper," born 10/12/11, and "Baby Brother," born 6/23/2014, and married to heavy metal husband. Working more than full-time, making healthy vegetarian meals for family, and trying to keep up with exercise routine.

Awe, that sounds so sweet! I've read the 'You Know You're Nursing a Toddler...' thread, and I can't wait for the fun to begin! She already does pull up my shirt sometimes...

Congratulations Carm! Welcome to the afterparty!

Way too lazy for formula

Thanks Shelly! I like the way that sounds, the 'afterparty'!

Congrats! That's wonderful. Enjoy your toddler nursing!

the 2nd year is really better than the 1st in a lot of ways....bbl to elaborate...

Way too lazy for formula