Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how long can I let my 2 months baby sleep through the night?

Default how long can I let my 2 months baby sleep through the night?

I used to wake her up every two hours the she woke up by herself after two hours but tonight she has been sleeping for 4 hours I am going to wake her up because I know I am not getting an answer so soon but please let me know thanks for your help

Default Re: how long can I let my 2 months baby sleep through the ni

My LO is almost two months and I let her sleep at night as long as she can. I mean the ultimate goal is that they sleep at night. I think as long as they are eating well during the day and gaining weight, sleeping long stretches at night is fine. Just feed on demand.

My daughter slept through the night from about 2-4 months. She ate every 1.5 hours or more during the day, cluster-fed before bed, and had tons of wet and poopy diapers, and gained well, so I knew it was what her little body wanted. Enjoy it, because for most people, it ends around 3-4 months!
    Mom to my sweet little "Pooper," born 10/12/11, and "Baby Brother," born 6/23/2014, and married to heavy metal husband. Working more than full-time, making healthy vegetarian meals for family, and trying to keep up with exercise routine.

Assuming your baby is gaining well and nursing frequently the rest of the day, (for an overall total of at least 8-10 times a day,) perfectly fine to let baby sleep. If YOU feel uncomfortable and wish baby to nurse, fine to wake baby as needed to nurse. But there is no reason to nurse every two hours all day and night at this point! If baby is gaining well, nurse when you or baby feel like it.

Hi, thanks for your replay but no it was only that night. The thing now sge is sleeping three hours during the night and wake up to eat and then sleeps for two hours and wake up to sleep but she is with me in my bed and during the day she is not sleeping for an hour in a row she falls asleep and when I put her down she wakes up and the was it. Even I thought if I hold her while sleep se would get the two hours or three but no sometimes is 15 min or 30. Today she did 2hours and 45 min of sleep during the day what is going on with her what should I do? And she is fuzzy most of the time and she gets chocked several times a day

She is 10weeks now and weigh 12lb and 8oz

Please tell us more about the "choking." When does this happen?

Everything else sounds entirely normal. Babies prefer being held most of the time. And while there are always exceptions, Babies do not typically start sleeping long stretches or "through the night" (meaning, about 5 hours once a day-hopefully, during the night) until around 3 months of age at earliest.

The chocking occurs anytime! I don't what to say she just made that sound the she is chocking or can not vomit I am not sure how to explain it

And I keepl spelling it wrong lol sorry!

Don't worry about the spelling, I am a terrible speller and have to spell check everything and still get it wrong.

ok, is baby choking while nursing, or at some other time? (or both)

If it while nursing, is it generaly worse near the beginning of a session when milk flow is strong? If it happens at other times, how long after a feeding generally and in what position is baby when it happens?