Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: When baby is poor at milk removal

Default Re: When baby is poor at milk removal

Thank you! I've been so nervous.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Just got back from a work trip, so just seeing your most recent posts... weight gain is awesome!! And that's wonderful you got the 600 oz! Sounds like you are doing things just right. I agree, theoretically if little guy is nursing more, that should up your supply, so it shouldn't take milk away from your big guy. Are they nursing more frequently with the growth spurt?

Yes they're nursing a lot! Yesterday I just switched babies back and forth 230-600 a.m. took a shower then sat down to nurse again and they sneaked in an extra session during the day!!

That's good. It sounds like they're getting the extra they need at the breast.

I'm hoping so. My bigger boy's thighs are getting so many rolls! Yet for some reason his diapers don't always seem all that wet. They're wet and we change about every 2 hrs but they're not very soaked about half the time. I know they say 6 soaked a day and we change at least 10x so I'm not sure but of course I worry. Their 4 mos check up is in 3 weeks (where did the time go????) and they'll get weighed then although I know the doctor's scale weighs differently (heavier) than the BF center scale. But I change my littler guy's diapers just as often and his are wetter.

Well... I think I'd go by the rolls in the thighs rather than the diapers - in any case, it does sound like there are plenty of wets. It's possible little guy is drinking more at this point than his brother - after all he has some catching up to do - but that doesn't mean that your bigger boy isn't getting enough, you know?

I'm not sure. Their wts keep getting further apart. Everyone tells me they look good and I just always second guessing my supply.

But they may end up being very different from each other. My oldest is 60th percentile for weight, the middle one is 10th percentile - even though she was bigger at birth. They're each going to follow their own curve - in your case it's just more obvious that those curves are different since they're the same age.

Oh they are meant to be different, I'm sure of that. Their first wt est. was 8 oz and 9 oz. Big guy always measured ahead for singleton growth and little guy right on track so neither have growth issues, but big boy is big! (well, not big compared to these babies who are 20 lbs at 4 mos or anything but he's bigger than my daughter was, by a lot).

and wets do space out as bladders get bigger!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.