Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: When baby is poor at milk removal

Default Re: When baby is poor at milk removal

I think you'll be fine, krystine. I do think the exhaustion has as much negative effect on your supply as that extra session could have a positive effect. As in, I think the extra exhaustion in getting up at that time is cancelling out any stimulatory effects of your supply. Not to mention the effects of exhaustion on your overall ability to care for your three kids. Just try it and see what happens. The fact that you have the two trusted dedicated donors and lots of milk in the fridge gives you room to experiment a bit and see what happens.

Thank you. It's just not sustainable and I feel like I'm dying or at least not having a life that is anything but so exhausted...
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

totally agree.

also how do you know your supply was low a few days? are you still doing daily+ weighs?
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

yeah I have the scale but am returning it Saturday.

i think that will be a big relief, in the end, too - maybe as much stress-relief as dropping a feeding!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

so why am I so nervous?? I'm proud of myself though. The boys were lying in bed with me supposed to taking a nap and kept just lying there cutely with eyes open. Finally they both decided to be hungry at the same time. I grabbed my body pillow latched them both on and TN till they both got full and fell asleep! (vs getting up, change diaper, weigh, cry that we didn't get a nap). We got up from nap later than usual but I figure they did nurse in bed even if I don't know how much they got so it still counts as a session.

of COURSE that counts as a session!! that's what a normal session will be like for you, soon
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Well, it worked out. My little guy initiated both of the feedings, more or less, but started stirring a little before I had planned to get up so just started early. Now I gotta get myself out the door to run. It's so much harder now that it's cold out! But I was in bed around 10, he woke me up for good around 3 plus had another nsg session in there but I got a good 4 hrs of sleep a little broken up but 4 is better than 3.

That sounds great, krystine. I love the two of them lying there with their eyes open and then deciding they're hungry! That's great that the tandem nursing is working better now!

Honestly there is no way I could ever drag myself out of bed at 3 am to run, whatever the temperature outside. You really are amazing.