Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: When baby is poor at milk removal

Default Re: When baby is poor at milk removal

That is part of it and thank you for saying that bc my heart just sinks when they're totally dry but then the next change they are soaked. I want to take a pic of big boy's thighs sometime for you all.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Love chubby thighs!

Chubby thighs are the best! My daughter's are huuuuuuge. Pants shopping is always tough, ha!

Glad the babies are doing so well.
    Apologies for the short responses! I'm usually responding one-handed on my smartphone!

Thank you! They're looking good, I think. Still supplementing, I don't think that will stop till they're well on solids but they are happy and growing.

4 mo appt is Monday. Eager/anxious to see what they weigh. Then their 3 mo adjusted preemie check from NICU follow up is Wed.

My IBCLC is publishing my story of their first 3 mos on their site and sharing with her monthly blog post. I hope it is an encouragement to another mom. of course all written 1 handed while nursing, as always.

I feel like we've hit a pretty good point, we have lots of donor milk in the freezer, they seem to be growing and developing well and I feel like we're starting to get into more of the sweet bonding parts of nursing; like when we look into each other's eyes and they smile so big they can't really nurse for a second or when they nurse down to sleep at night and our big afternoon family nap.

Thank you all for your support, thank you seems pretty inadequate but I really am so thankful to have these forums and such great support so all 3 of my living kids with way above average nursing problems could be breastfed.

you've done such a great job, krystine!!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    so all 3 of my living kids with way above average nursing problems could be breastfed.
    Testament to their mom's hard work and determination! I know your story will inspire other moms with similar struggles, as well. So great to hear they are doing well, keep us posted on how things go next week!

4 mo check up 12 lbs 4 oz and 13 lbs even. My little guy gained 22 oz in 24 days and my big guy 18 oz. The 18 oz is still OK, right? My doctor was fine with everything they are doing and had no concerns about their wt. He also said to wait on solids till 7 mos or later (6 mos adjusted) since I am making the perfect food for them unless I want them to have practice with a spoon. A spoon? Umm, no, I'm just worried about my donor milk stash. My 1 dedicated donor hasn't given me anything and I don't know if she's going to...she said she would and she hasn't responded to my FB message (which I see that she saw) so I think something happened but I don't really feel free to bug her since I don't know her outside of her offer to pump for me.

krystine that's great weight gain! Here's the kelly mom link: http://kellymom.com/bf/normal/weight-gain/. Little guy gained at 5.25 oz/week so that's perfect. I saw you wrote in another thread that you upped the supplementation because you don't have the scale - do you think you could back down to where you were, if you are worried about the donor milk? Because it seems like they have done just fine with what you were offering before - I think it was 10 oz total per day. I hope your donor gets back to you. Things are so busy at this time of year, hopefully she is just caught up with other things.

Thank you, I have looked at that kelly mom link this a.m. again....here is my issue: I really struggle with reading my babies and are they tired or satisfied? Sometimes they are clearly not satisfied and I do supp. but sometime little guy seems fine without. And maybe he is but I worry about finishing his session and then having him hungry again while I'm still feeding big guy and then I'm sitting nursing even longer and it's a never-ending cycle. It's already never ending nursing every 2 hrs with 1 + hrs/feed. Big guy was getting less satisfied which is why I bumped him up a little, he would still root while I held up to my shoulder to burp. It was 8-10 oz/day and now it is closer to 12-13. Unless I gave little guy less...but I am just so scared of starving them.