Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: When baby is poor at milk removal

Default Re: When baby is poor at milk removal

I hope so too... and that auderey has a baby by then!

My sister had her baby yesterday. She couldn't hold on for a Halloween baby. BOO! Also? The baby wouldn't drop so they thinned her cervix for her because they were afraid that the baby was going to crack her ribs. And umm she weighed 8lbs 8oz so....she really COULD Have. And???? Guess what she named her??? She named her baby Jolie....I am : because I have only ever known one other Jolie and I LURVE her.

Way too lazy for formula

Sweet! Have you gotten to meet her?
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Crack her ribs? I haven't heard that one before! Can that seriously happen? Anyway, Jolie is a beautiful name. Congrats on your new niece!

Yeah because she weighed 8lb 8oz and she was UP THERE. She wasn't dropping and she was due on the 20th. So yeah she could have. That is a lot of baby to have up under your ribcage! Her last baby was 6lb 14oz.

Way too lazy for formula

My friend who was pumping for me had to stop bc she was making her baby fussier, she thinks, by making her supply too high at night. So I got 40 oz which is nice but I am disappointed although of course I understand.

Oh, that's hard. You still have your other donor though, right? And some milk in the freezer?

I'm sorry I missed your post! I have a donor who has always had oversupply with her 2 kids and is due any day with # 3. So nu guarantees but she thinks yes she'll share with me. I found another lady who said she'll give me a very large donation (600 oz!) Sunday. I don't know if my supply has dropped but I believe we're enduring a 3 mos growth spurt. And it's killing me. I am nursing all the time but still feel like they are never full. I just broke down and gave "big guy" an extra oz, well, offered an oz and he gulped down 20 ccs and now seems full. I just do not want to starve my babies. It's so stupid and pointless with milk in the freezer to be starving them so I make a point of how little I can supplement them, I think. I am giving the 10 oz/day because I just don't know what they get and offer them each 1 oz after 5 of our sessions. They always take it. They're not overly fed. Actually I think my bigger guy might not be getting enough bc my little guy is getting better at nursing and taking some of big boy's milk? I know this is all supposed to be supply/demand but I really think I have a problem. I'm sleeping more and eating very well, but I have known hormonal problems that caused my miscarriages and now, I really do think that might be part of why I can't get a full supply for my twins. I don't know what to do. I have to feed my babies.

I was going to weigh them today but my daughter said her throat was sore and it's a well child facility so I"ll try on Monday.

Wt checks - in the last 13 days they've gained 15 oz/12 oz (big boy/little boy) and they both pooped yesterday big time.

awesome!!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.