Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: daily plugged duct!!! what gives?

Angry daily plugged duct!!! what gives?

ok, I have had every bf challenge there is possible, except for three... for the last month I have been battling thrush, it just won't disappear, on the same breast which has been getting plugged EVERY DAY for about two weeks. I am going crazy. I also got a new pump about the same time the chronic plugging started.

and I eat lecithin pills like candy, which always seemed to work. and I don't eat a lot of sat fats.

any advice is greatly, greatly appreciated!! <3

Default Re: daily plugged duct!!! what gives?

Things to try:
    - Different size of shields, even if your shields used to fit perfectly. Shield size can differ between breasts and can change over time.
    - Combine massage and moist heat with pumping to help clear the plugs.
    - Try hand expression.
    - Often plugs are caused by pressure from an underwire, or even something as simple/weird as where your seat-belt falls or which side of your body you carry your bag on. So if you can change those variables, you might see good results.
    - Try varying your baby's nursing position, so that his/her mouth falls in different places when he/she nurses.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: daily plugged duct!!! what gives?

Daily Plug in same place I would look at this in particular:
    or even something as simple/weird as where your seat-belt falls or which side of your body you carry your bag on.
    I would also suggest vibration for breaking up plugs quickly.

If you have tried everything for eliminating thrush, and nothing is working, I would suggest

Maybe the problem is not thrush
    The thrush is recurring (you are being re- colonized by someone or something)
    you could try an anti-thrush diet.