Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cyst, infected pimple, mastitis..? Picture included..

Default Cyst, infected pimple, mastitis..? Picture included..

What is it?! I got it the other day, thinking it was a pimple I tried popping it. The next day same thing, hot compressed it tried to pop it, but nothing. Now this is what it looks like today. I have been hot compressing it, not touching it, but when I do breast compressions it is right in my way and it has started oozing. I have to go get my prescription filled for antibiotics, the dr said it is a cyst that popped inside, but it didn't feel like it was a fluid filled sac or anything.
    GetAttachment1.jpg

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I'm just full of problems, lol.

Default Re: Cyst, infected pimple, mastitis..? Picture included..

Has that spread significantly in the last 24-48 hours? If so, I think I'd see a doctor ASAP. That looks like it could be a burst abscess- though please don't take an Internet stranger's word for it!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I would say yes, since there is a red rash ring around it. I went to the dr today and he is the one that said it was a cyst. It was a walkin clinic I went to though. I thought that cysts were more deep tissue and not surface. It almost feels like when you touch a bruise. Hurts more when doing compressions.

Can you stop doing compressiosn on that side for a bit? Or can you move your hand to another placement while doing them?

I have no ideas as far as what that is.

If that red area doesn't immediately start shrinking or continues to spread, go see the doc again. It just looks infected, YK?

What sort of antibiotics were you given? Have you started taking them?

I personally would want to be really, really careful about hygiene right now. Wash your bras, towels, and shirts on hot and and change them daily. If possible, go out and get some sun on the "pimple" and surrounding area- UV light is good for killing bacteria.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I started taking them last night. He put me on Cephallexin and I've also been taking Advil. I've been putting hot compresses on it still. The redness around it has gone down, and there is a scabu on it since it started draining, but it still hurts. I haven't done any compressions on that side at all since yesterday. I had to stop holding my son on that side as well because of the pressure on it.

I never would of thought about UV! Thanks for that tip . I stopped wearing my bras for now. I'll just not go anywhere until these puppies can be contained, lol.