Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How long does yellow & seedy last?

Default How long does yellow & seedy last?

My 5 month old daughter started having green diapers, so I went off milk. It happened again so I went total elimination and then started to wonder if she's always had problems because whenever the Dr. or LC would ask about the diapers, we'd say they were kind of tan-yellow and not very seedy. I can't remember the last time I've seen even a tiny seed but it's certainly been months. The green hasn't happened again but they are kind of tan-brown-yellow and pasty and sometimes a little shiny, but I can't tell if that's normal or something to be concerned about.

Default Re: How long does yellow & seedy last?

same as my DS who is almost 4 mos.
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

Is baby otherwise happy, healthy, and growing? If so, poop color is nothing to worry about.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

After 6 weeks ds's poop always looked like peanut butter. Lost my appetite the time I went to take the first bite of pbj and he exploded out of the side of his diaper I agree with mommal. I wouldn't go on a TED just because of green poop color. Was she having any other symptoms?

It was 8-10 green diapers a day, with fussiness and night waking - when prior to that she'd been an every other day pooper and very happy. She's happy now, and back to no more than 1 poop per day, mostly every other day - but shouldn't there be some seeds or seediness to her diapers, or is not seedy still in the range of normal? Thanks!

At 5 months, a peanut butter or yogurt consistency is totally normal. I think of seediness as something you see in newborn diapers, maybe for the first 2-3 months. After that, all bets are off.

An interval of 8-10 green diapers/day with increased night-waking sounds like either a tummy bug or teething to me.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks a lot - I'll be thinking of you as I finally start eating things other than rice :-)