Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question about thawed milk

Default Question about thawed milk

Hi,
    Does anyone know if you can mix milks from the same days once they've been thawed? I know mixing from different days is not a good idea, but what if they were the same time/same day just stored in two different bags?

Thanks!

Default Re: Question about thawed milk

are you wondering because you have like two 1-oz frozen/thawed bags? i can't imagine why that would be a problem ... actually i can't imagine why it would be a problem to mix those from different days - what makes you think it is bad to do that? i think in general the reason people wouldn't want to mix bags is that it would just be too much milk, if you're storing in 3+ oz sizes, and generally frozen milk won't re-heat without spoiling.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I was told not to mix days of milk - so I don't. But I have 7 ounces - and I froze one 4 oz bag and then one 3 oz bag and was wondering if I wanted to make 5 ounces could I take from the two bags and make one bottle. Which, I guess, you're saying I can.

you absolutely can mix milk from different days, frozen or not it does not matter.