Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pump weaned! SUCCESS!

Default Pump weaned! SUCCESS!

Just have to report back and celebrate that I've been successfully pump weaned for two weeks now! WOO-HOO! After 13 months ... it's awesome to go from 9 to 5 and not have to haul out the machine. I never thought I'd be so happy to have an uninterrupted work day ;-)

My LO (15 mos) still seems happy with his nursing when we are together (morning, after daycare pickup, and bedtime, and still several times overnight). I will say that he seems to get a little frustrated and impatient now on my lesser-producing side, which was always appetizer-boob anyway, so I'm guessing that the pump weaning did bring the supply down enough that he's not satisfied with it anymore. But he seems happy again when we switch to the other, so I guess overall it's not a problem.

Thanks especially to Bfwmomof3 for all the practical tips and suggestions!

Default Re: Pump weaned! SUCCESS!

Awesome! Enjoy your freedom, mama.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Congrats. I'm jealous and actually just posted that thus far I'm a pump wean failure!
    I don't know what to substitute for my milk - just a portion not all - during the day while I'm at work.
    She's still drinking the same amount even with solids and my nanny is an excellent non over feeder.
    Dairy and soy are unequivocally not options.
    Lactose free milks always seem to have chemicals or sugars or both.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*debbers View Post
    Congrats. I'm jealous and actually just posted that thus far I'm a pump wean failure!
    I don't know what to substitute for my milk - just a portion not all - during the day while I'm at work.
    She's still drinking the same amount even with solids and my nanny is an excellent non over feeder.
    Dairy and soy are unequivocally not options.
    Lactose free milks always seem to have chemicals or sugars or both.
    Mine just does solids and water at daycare. No breastmilk (only wants it on tap) or cowmilk (refuses it). Loves water though in his sippy It wasn't until he got enthusiastic about solids (after age 13 mos), and I observed his expressed milk intake start to ratchet down, that I felt comfortable to start gradually pump weaning. And my FULL pump weaning coincided with LO moving up into the toddler class at daycare -- I think sitting with all the other little ones at lunch and snack times, everyone eating together (positive peer pressure!), made him step up his solids intake there.

ETA: Have you offered water with solids? If her solids are going up, and she will do water, that might help.
    Last edited by @llli*mercystreet; August 9th, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

That's great mercystreet! And... You're welcome!
    I've also noticed more of a disparity between the two sides. I try to nurse topless as much as I can which seems to encourage LO to go back and forth more. It's cute, she'll nurse on one side, then come off and point at the other, sometimes goes back and forth several times.