Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Period

Default Re: Period

I'm 36 and this is my last. I had a painful and traumatic pregnancy so I'm pretty paranoid about getting pregnant again. We used condoms for a year before we got pregnant with no problem. I have tried the Merina but I had it removed due to cramping.

I guess I'm torn. I don't want to be worried that I'll get pregnant from a condom failing or breaking or something. It's not that we can't be careful, but that I know myself and it will make me nervous. But we worked so hard to get here, I'd hate to fail now due to this.

I wonder exactly how heavy the periods are with the copper IUD.

I'm sure eventually DH will get snipped but it isn't in the cards at the moment.

Also I'm fairly certain this is my period- it's very light but I'm cramping. Ugh I would have to be one of those early bloomers!

If condoms alone don't feel like enough protection for you, you could always double up on birth control. He wears a condom, you use a diaphragm or a sponge or something.

IMO, it makes sense to start the vasectomy discussion now. So many guys turn into reflexive pearl-clutchers when their wives mention the possibility! They'd rather that the woman just took care of things so that they wouldn't have to contemplate being the responsible party.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Nah, he's actually pretty willing. My thinking is that we'll save up and probably do it when the baby is around one. Though I'll admit it DID take some convincing, LOL.

I'll probably inquire about diaphragms.