Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help desperatly! urgent!

Unhappy I need help desperatly! urgent!

Hi, I have a 6 weeks baby girl and the thing is she fall asleep on my breast most of the time and when she eats she does it for 5 or ten min and then stops I am afraid that she is not getting the hind milk I let her stay on one breast as long as she nurses well but she doesn't sucks steongly after five or ten min and she doesn't let the breast go so I don'rt know what to do I try to wake her up and she doesn't but when I put her in her bed she wakes up and cry as she hasn't eaten at all she fight both breast. I am getting frustrared and stressful please help me! I live in SC I loked for help but there is no lllig consultant near by!

Default Re: I need help desperatly! urgent!

Hi mama, welcome to the forum! How has baby's weight gain been? How is diaper output? Have you had any other problems nursing - painful latch or anything like that?

Some young babies are sleepy and need to be gently woken. Here are some tips on waking baby: http://www.llli.org/docs/00000000000...py_newborn.pdf.

Some babies simply don't like to sleep unless they are "on" someone safe, like mom! They know that when they are near mom, they are protected. This could be contributing as well to baby waking when you try to put her down. What are you sleeping arrangements?

with the PP. if you can give us an idea of baby's weight gain and how nursing feels, I think we may be able to reassure you about whether or not this is normal.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

She was 6.14 lb when she was born and whe she left the hospital was 6.10. At two weeks check out she was 7.09lb. And by week 3 social worker weigh her and she was 7.14lb
    Yes I had latching problems a week after hospital she was doing great until she suddenly wasn't latching good anymote my breast got sore cracked and bleeding. It was awful a I almost gave up nursing but then change her positon while nursing to football and that helped me heal!
    I don't have that problem anymore and I try everything to wakw her up but doesn't work, even now she stays on one breast for 10 min she wakes up crying like she didn't eat at all she is 7 weeks now abd she fights and gets fussy with one breast and it could be any.
    She sucks sucks and I don't hear her swallow and after a few min is a let down but obly sor seconds and she stars crying again this is making me crazy and I cry when she is doing that she hasn't poop much yesterday was one time and a little an today she hasn't poop at all

When do you have another weight check and where? The weight gain (according to weight checks) up until 3 weeks indicate normal weight gain. But whenever a check is done on a different scale than the one before it, there may be an error.

Shorter nursing sessions, baby falling asleep at the breast, and baby wanting to nurse frequently are not necessarily indications of a problem. Not pooping daily at this age (anytime after about 6 weeks) is also normal. How many wet diapers are you seeing per day?

A 7 week old still needs to nurse frequently-at least 8-10 times a day, and may not nurse on any regular schedule.

Any reason your milk production may be down, such as starting hormonal birth control?

How many times a day does baby nurse?
    Last edited by @llli*lllmeg; July 12th, 2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: baby sent unfinished post w/her foot

Next weigh check will be in august first week. I change her twice this morning and were heavy wet diapers. And now she is wet again so it will be the third I cab count 5 wet diapers during the day and change her two in night time.
    I don't know how to count the feedings she is on my breast almosy all day. When she fall asleep she wakes up in min and crying.
    But today she spent the day fighting kicking and crying with the breast in her mouth and she hasn't eaten like for 10 min in a row

I am not taking or using any birth control yet!

Her first month she use to sleep two hours and then wake up sometimes I had to wake her up to eat but since she got to 5 weeks she hasn't sleep like that anymore and she is 7 weeks

Hi, please any advice I am waiting for your answer. Now it happens that she is getting morefrom the left breast I can hear her swallow more and I notice let down three times what can I do? She nurse more actve and no fighting on the left side

When you said in the initial post that she cries when you take her off the breast, I wonder if that has nothing to do with being hungry, but is just because she wants to sleep very close to you! At 11 weeks old, my baby is still taking almost all of his naps in my arms. He's a cuddler and often wakes up if I try to put him down. I've definitely heard of babies who prefer to nap with mom's nipple in their mouths... maybe she's just trying to keep mom close!