Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ptt clipped!!! now i have a few questions

Default ptt clipped!!! now i have a few questions

So I finally got someone to clip my daughters ptt. I felt a difference right away and the pain has been deminishing everyday. Because of the massive damage I don't expect to be healed for a whole but its getting better.
    And now my questions..... we have thrush and should I treat her mouth for 3 or 4 days?

Like 2 weeks ago she started eating only on one side especially at night. And she started having green poops. I don't feel super full but have pumped out 5-7 oz at one time. I am scared of losing my supply. Should I pump? What can I do about the green poop? Its not foamy and has specks. In it.

Thanks for the support and advice!
    love this place

Default Re: ptt clipped!!! now i have a few questions

Both mom and baby should be treated simultaneously. What meds have you been given?

Single sided feedings are not a problem provided baby is being fed on demand and is gaining weight at a normal pace. When there's oversupply, single-sided feedings are normal.

Long as the baby is healthy, happy, and gaining weight at a normal pace, I don't know that you need to do anything about green poops, aside from wait and see if they change to a more typical color. Green poops are a common part of the oversupply experience, but they are not in and of themselves a health problem.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I am on an oral and cream for thrush. Its day 3 and lo has white still in her mouth. Its purple but I can see spots so purple ones I guess. My nipples are more sore today than all week. Hate this one step forward one step back.

She is so fussy and will scream with the boob in her mout but not latching on. And thrashes which hurts. Not sure why. She seamed to calm down after her clipping but not yesterday or today. And does not sleep much. Always wakes if her binki falls out.

Any idea on the thrashing?

Thanks?

Is baby being treated? My understanding is that thrush can hurt baby, so that may cause the thrashing?

If it's not the thrush discomfort causing the thrashing, ( or even if it is) what about changing up nursing positions? I have found laid back or sidelying positioning can help with thrashing.

Anything that touches your breasts or goes in baby’s mouth can be colonized with thrush and cause reoccurrence btw. So you will either need to be very diligent about sterilizing the binky daily or possibly stop using one until the thrush is gone.

Here is one suggested protocol for thrush that covers several ideas for treatment. http://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/conte...agename=doc-CP

What is purple?

Maybe gentian violet?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

We are both being treated and I wash my bras on hot dry hot with vinegar and change pads very regularly. Also sterilize binky. I found that gentian violet needs to be used for a week so I will. I almost wonder if she has GER? Could it get worst? Don't think she had it before. I know she gets milk in her nose now and comes off coughing. I am not squirting or chocking her with milk because it trickles. Also hear gurgles. And she now arches when she eats but not with the bottle? Not sure what that means