Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Establishing supply for preemie twins in NICU

Default Re: Establishing supply for preemie twins in NICU

Thank you. It is hard, I don't know why it has to be so hard because every day counts and I went into pre-term labor at 29w5d so we did keep them in quite a bit longer than when I was first hospitalized. We had a NICU nurse who had triplets and she said she had the goal of 34w and she had them at 33 or something and she took a long time to let go of that. I guess I had really hoped we would make it to 38w and avoid NICU altogether.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

But the most important thing is that the NICU is BEHIND YOU! It's done!!! You are home with your babies. ENJOY. The babies will never remember the NICU anyway. Just embrace the great part of having them home together.

Yeah now to try to get them on breast bc it's hard to enjoy them when I'm so tired from pumping. I'll wear one baby and then before long have to take him off to pump so I can get my 12-16 sessions in /day.

you really are doing so awesome. remember how exhausting 1 baby is, you have two, they are premies and you are pumping. you are doing so well.

Thank you. It is exhausting...it's 12:30 a.m. and they haven't decided it's night time yet. DH and I are both awake, I'm pumping and he's in the bedroom patting one of them.

late replay. but congrats, i think now they had at athe age of 1 ..hows they..my blessings both and view about diseases