Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 7 month old EBF baby will not take formula

Default Re: My 7 month old EBF baby will not take formula

I want...no NEEEED that dress!! its so pretty

I know, isn't it?

Also wanted to mention that there is a whole forum devoted to nursing in public and nursing apparel, you might want to browse around to get more ideas about discreet tops, other mothers' stories about getting over their shyness, etc. Here's the link: http://forums.llli.org/forumdisplay....ursing-Apparel

Thankyou so much I will have a look now. Although I actually managed to get my daughter to drink some breast milk from a bottle today Quite relieved, but still want to overcome my lack of confidence with NIP

Nice!

My 10-month-old son and I went on a 4 days city trip to London 2 months ago. We did quite a lot of sightseeing and visiting and therefore a LOT of nursing in public: museums, parks, restaurants, hotel, train station, the Thames river banks, Harrods, etc. I used a cotton scarf while breastfeeding (right now I couldn't do it, the little one doesn't accept anything covering his head while eating anymore). At first I was a little self-conscious: I thought that London being a multicultural metropolis, someone might feel offended and I might get some negative reaction. But guess what? No one seemed to care. I didn't get any look at all (or, at list, I didn't notice any), no one made a comment, no one pointed the finger at the geeky lady breastfeeding in the British Museum. So finally I was left with the impression that London is a breastfeeding-friendly place. We didn't go anywhere else in the UK, though. Do you think I got the wrong idea or are people outside London more conservative? I am currently planning another city trip to London and I am contemplating the idea of feeding him without any cover. Zoelouise, do you think the sight of a nursing toddler could upset some of Her Majesty's subjects?
    By the way, the dress is gorgeous! But if I tell my husband I'd like another trip to London AND a maternity dress like the one Kate Middleton has, he might suggest I get my head examined.

Haha iliemum I am going to give it a go at our family day trip to the zoo next week. Being doing some reading on here and i'm going to try layers so I don't uncover my post pregnancy belly or anymore uptop than what what my daughter needs to latch on lol. Thing is she is just so nosey and never been fed outside with people walking by :/ so not sure how she will be. I don't want to draw more attention to us if she starts getting frustrated. She likes it to be all quiet whilst at home or if we visit family I use their bedrooms as she is quite embarrassing (on/off/on/off) lol. It's hard tbh

Definitely practice while looking in a mirror. You may be surprised at how little you can actually see, even when baby pops on and off. And if not, a well-place shirt or scarf or burp cloth (in a pinch) can be use to cover up quickly when she pops off. I think one of the biggest things is just faking the confidence even when you don't feel it. Most of the time people will hardly look at you if you act like there's nothing going on. It's when you start making a big production of things that people tend to look closer just to see what's happening.

Try not to worry too much. If anyone does give you a funny look, just smile and think of the queen.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I have a little story that might give you some confidence.

DH, DS and I were driving to my in-laws for the Christmas holiday on the same day my son's daycare had their holiday music program and party. Lots of parents and grandparents come to this event. We had packed up the car and were going to leave right from daycare, but we forgot something at home. DS was tired and hungry so we agreed that DH would run home and I would nurse DS in his classroom, to top him off before the trip. I had come right from work, so no nursing top or bra. I sat down in one of the chairs in the middle of the room and he sleepily nursed for 20+ minutes. The entire time I had been sitting there chatting with one of the other kid's grandmothers. She said "You ladies have the best job, taking care of these babies." I was surprised and said "Oh, no, I don't work here, this is my son." She hadn't even noticed that I had been nursing him the entire time we were talking, she just thought I was holding a sleeping baby.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

That's an interesting story sassypants Thankyou