Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Period after delivery

Question Period after delivery

Hi ladies, not sure if I can even post this here but I've got a quick question, I was 6 weeks PP on Monday, for the last 5-6 days I've been really crampy and then started spotting yesterday and a little heavier today, is it normal to be bleeding again this soon after delivery especially while breast feeding??

Default Re: Period after delivery

It is possible. I've known other moms who got their cycle back quickly. But it's more likely to be intermittent post partum bleeding. How long has it been since that stopped for you?
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

About 2.5 weeks ago. Now that I've posted it it seems like there is no blood, and when I say spotting I only get blood when I go to the bathroom on the TP, I was thinking that it was still from the birth but was just making sure.

I think that's most likely what it is but if it continues, particularly the cramping, you might mention it to your OB or midwife to see if they have any concerns.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous