Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how much solid food for 7 month old

Default how much solid food for 7 month old

My 7 month old is a very distractable baby. She makes up for it by nursing all night long. She's been doing BLS for about a month and loves it. She always seems to want a little more solid food, my guess is because she doesn't nurse much during the day. So far I've just been letting her have a little bit a few times per day, for example two peach wedges here and a piece of something else there. She can get all the peach off of a wedge, so she's really eating the whole thing!

Is that enough at 7 months? Is it okay to give more if she wants it? I know it's "baby led" but if baby doesn't want to nurse then my assumption is that I should really limit the solids to just a few tastes.
    and Mama to two little girls

Default Re: how much solid food for 7 month old

At just 7 months, the amount of solids you're offering is more than enough. At this point, solids are just for fun with new tastes, textures, and motor skills, so it doesn't matter if your LO actually eats the solids or just plays with them. Since she's still so young, and you say she's distractable, I do think it makes sense to limit the solids a little. Just for another few months.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: how much solid food for 7 month old

Thanks, I thought the same thing. If I had to guess at the actual amount it's about 1-2 tsp. I can't imagine if I actually followed the pediatrician advice and started out with 1 Tbsp at 6 months and then 3 Tbsp now. I think that would definitely affect supply.
    and Mama to two little girls