Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 1 year old today!

Smile 1 year old today!

12 months of breastfeeding! So proud.
    The day I gave birth I had no clue what this was going to be like, being a food source. It seemed so weird, so foreign. I was even a little weirded out by the thought. And then she was born and I knew it was the only way. Like a lot of moms on this forum, I had tough times with latch and baby gas, but we made it through. It really takes a commitment and I am not the give up type.

Goals for the next 12 months: continue BF and attempt pump weaning at some point, so I'm not taking conference calls in the Mother's room at work! And loving my baby girl with all my heart.
    1st time mom over 40 to Alex(andra) b: 7/14/12

Default Re: 1 year old today!

Congrats, debbers! I always like reading these milestone posts...they gave me such hope when things were so hard and when the one year mark seemed so far away. We're only a little over a month away ourselves; amazing how time flies, isn't it?

happy first year of mommyhood! and happy birthday to Alex!

congrats!!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Happy birthday to your LO!

Congrats! We made this milestone last month, and it's such a good feeling! Good luck on the pump weaning. I've been mostly pump-free for about a month, and it's awesome .