Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Currently pump weaning

Default Re: Currently pump weaning

It sounds more like teething than a reaction to the cow's milk, especially if it's limited to nighttime. Any change in her poop?

How is baby's solids intake? I guess you could try to give her a solids snack at 3 pm rather than the cow's milk. It does sound like she's getting plenty of dairy - I'm guessing what the pediatrician is getting at is that if baby is getting lots of cow's milk, which she might not need all of since you're still nursing quite a bit, that might hinder her transition to solids. On the other hand, not all babies are enthusiastic about solids at just a year. If that's the case you could try to give the solids first, then the cow's milk.

I'm not too sure about the poop. I'd have to ask her daycare provider. Her BMs are mostly during the day when she's at daycare. She is eating a variety of solids and is always willing to try something new and has been for quite some time. I have recently increased the amount of solids I give her too now that she is 1. Before I would rather give her more breast milk than solids Sometimes she eats more than other times. Her daycare provider does give her the cow's milk after her solids and always has (I wasn't too hip on this when she was still drinking strictly breast milk because she still always drank all her breast milk, except for a few occasions when I think something else was bothering her).
    ~Chrissy~

First time mother to Avery Grace 7/17/2012

It sounds like she's doing really well.... I think you could stay the course and see what happens, unless there's something else that causes you to suspect a milk intolerance.

Okay. Thanks for all your help and advice bfwmomof3! She did go to sleep good last night and only woke up a half hour earlier than I normally get her up for daycare.
    ~Chrissy~

First time mother to Avery Grace 7/17/2012

That's great!