Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pain! Thrush? So overwhelmed and confused.

Default Re: Pain! Thrush? So overwhelmed and confused.

I have been fighting yeast on and off with both of my children. My ob and lactation consultant told me that it can get so deep into your tissue it is very hard to get rid of, but I have found some things to be helpful. I was on the difulcan for a whole month everyday 150 mg. I started taking a b complex vitamin 2x daily and a probiotic that is specific to yeast. Along with the probiotic for your baby you can rub it on your breast and nipples like a paste and allow to nurse. My doc also gives me a cream for my nibbles you put on after every feeding and don't wash off id ask about it. I also stopped using soap on my breasts after each shower I use a blow dryer to dry my breasts and nipples. I have also found that wearing no deodorant has helped (I wear the no aluminum kind and it still was bothersum). I know if you are like me you probably leak at night but going topless at night also can help. I did read that sun kills yeast so I would try and get some sun to them I have even considered going to a tanning booth- haven't reached that point YET Keep trying different things and find what works its really hard. good luck I feel your pain

I don't think it's thrush. I'm almost done with a 2-week diflucan treatment and have seen no improvements. In fact, it's getting worse. I'm on probiotics, the babies are on probiotics, and gentian violet actually just my nipples hurt more. Often, my nipples look like they have craters in them, and the shooting pains are extremely intense. I'm revisiting the idea that it might be latch issues and doing what I can to treat for vasospasms and reynauds until I can see an IBCLC. I wanted to mention something that I found strange, though. I often drip from one side while feeding from the other (which I know is really common), and I noticed this morning while feeding one twin and dripping from the other side that the dripping side hurt, even though nothing was touching it. Like the milk was burning through or something. Is that odd? Or do you think it's just because the tissue is injured?

I think you should see about getting your milk cultured. It kind of makes me think of how it hurts when you pee when you have a UTI, you know?

Well, I discovered that a medication I've been taking for sleep and anxiety is a vasoconstrictor, so I feel pretty confident that it is aggravating/causing vasospasms. I've begun easing off of it and have cut out caffeine (which means I'm not sleeping, not drinking coffee, and the babies woke up constantly last night! But I'm hanging in there and my husband is extremely supportive.) and I'm seeing some consistent improvement. I'm also taking B6, keeping my nipples covered, and drinking some red wine (any excuse, right?). Fingers crossed!

Here's hoping that things continue to get better! Please let us know how it goes!