Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: help plz! my right nipple is hard and hurts to much to bf

Exclamation help plz! my right nipple is hard and hurts to much to bf

My son is almost two weeks old. Bf has been ok so far. But now my right nipple has been hard for the past 3 days. It hurts to much to feed off of. I don't know what to do. On the verge of quitting. I am so depressed about this. please some one help. Any body go through this?

Default Re: help plz! my right nipple is hard and hurts to much to b

Welcome to the forum!

When you say your nipple has been hard for 2 days, can you describe exactly what you're experiencing? Do you feel like there's a lump under the nipple? Has it been permanently erect, or does it ever relax? Are you seeing any changes in the color of the skin- maybe blanching (turning white)? Are you taking any medications?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

It stays erect. I don't feel any lumps. It does turn white after I pump. I tried to nurse off of it but it hurts way to much. I am on no medications.

That sounds like vasospasm: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/moth...ple-blanching/. Try treating this with heat- a warm water bottle, a hot shower, a heating pad, etc.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"