Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: any advice???

Default any advice???

I breastfed my daughter for the first two weeks shes 3 months now but after finding out she wasn't gaining weight, and getting really bad nipple damage, trying to heal from a C-section and having a new baby and 3 year old to take care of all the stress of it got to me and I broke down and got formula and dried up quickly . I felt relief at first but my guilt was greater and I couldn't get bf off my mind so I was told to come to this website by a friend and after reading through the relactation forum got inspired to do so myself..after a month of trying all the tricks I read about. I finally got my milk back about a week ago which I am so ecstatic. About! But. Now I'm pretty. Confused. About what to do next in order to make more milk. Ideally she would only drink my bm and I'm still. Trying. To get her back to my breast n got an sns to help cuz she is definitely an instant gratification. Baby lol but I am also ok with just pumping I'm going to have to when I go back to work. Neways I just want to make enough to use very very little. To none of supplement. Right now I pump every 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours and pump till breasts are empty which takes anywhere from 30 to 40 min but I am only getting about 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon eachtime that I give her with a dropper .I have 2 pumps a medela lacrimal and a purely. Yours .. also on reglan started the 30th at 3pills a day n now taking 1 a day till the 23rd. Is this normal? Should I be pumping different? Any advice would help! Its very challenging. To have a strict schedule I'm a single mom with my baby girl and 3 ye old autistic boy. And very

discouraging to be getting so little after so long and sometimes. I wonder if she's Gona be too old by the time I get this right. I appreciate any feedback!

Default Re: any advice???

It sounds like you have done wonderfully well, and that you're doing just exactly what you should be doing in order to rebuild supply! Just keep in mind that the process of rebuilding supply is often a slow one, especially if your baby isn't able to willing to nurse.

Check out this link on how to get a weaned baby back to the breast: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/back-to-breast/
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"