Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help desperatly! urgent!

Default Re: I need help desperatly! urgent!

If she's going through a growth spurt, it's also possible that she could be really fussy for a day while she tries to bring up your milk supply to what she wants. Your body will adjust and make what she needs Maybe that's why she was more fussy one day, then swallowing more the next?

Unhappy Re: I need help desperatly! urgent!

Hi, thanks!
    Right now she is beem fussy with the right breast and that has happened for a while and I don't know why I offer this right side first so she get use to but she just keep crying and when I hand express milk comes out of thar breast so I don't understand why she is so upset with it

Hi, thanks for your interest in helping me, as I mentioned before she now is very upset with my right breast she is crying while sucking and fussy and not happy at all and I just change her to the left side and there she is eating happy and not fussy at all what can I do? Why is she acting like that

It's common for one breast to be a more active producer than the other. It sounds like in your case, the left breast is producing more milk than the right. If you want to try to even things out, you can preferentially offer the right breast more, but she may be more fussy that way, at least until the supply in the right breast gets stimulated. There's no harm to nursing more off of one side than the other - it's really mostly just a cosmetic issue for mom, since one breast will be bigger than the other.

dulcecgb, is there some way you can have your baby weighed earlier than a month from now? I only suggest this because you are worried.

is there a local LLL or some other breastfeeding support where you live? Often moms will get quick responses from other moms or Leaders (who are also just other moms popping in here when they have time) on these forums, but sometimes not. And if there truly is a breastfeeding problem, in person help will get to the bottom of it soonest.

In other words, if you are needing quicker answers or more reassurance, you may want to contact local support as well as post here, if there is any. Of course if you are ever seriously worried about your child’s health, you should contact your child’s doctor immediately.

Nursing patterns take time to emerge and are continuously evolving. The best way to help ensure baby get enough milk is to keep doing what you are doing-nursing on cue as long as it is at least 8-10 times a day-nurse when and for as long as baby wants. Switch breasts as you and baby like- in fact switching breasts is often a good way to keep baby awake and nursing longer.

I agree with bwfmom -- sounds like she might prefer the flow in one breast over the other. I think that happens a lot; my little guy preferred the left breast for a while because he got more out of it faster. If the fussing is accompanied by spluttering and coughing, it can mean themes don't like the flow because it's too fast or forceful... but if you don't have that, she might just be impatient and want it to come faster. It won't hurt her, and she'll still get everything she needs.

Today was the worse she was too upset with the right breast and then the left I jut didn't know what to do but kep iffering the breast at the end occured to me to go to bed with her i the dark and quiet and she took the breast shehas been refusing I am going crazy now shr is sleeping in my bed and I am in the sofa lol!
    Thank you so much for your support
    I am been calling a lactarion consultant but I haven't reached her!
    I will keep trying and wait until this settle down!

Hi, thanks for your help! I wait until the doctor check up it was last thursday and she weigh 12lb nd 8 oz praise the Lord!. And I have noticed that sh is chocking very often what should I do?

Dulcecgb,
    it sounds like everything is working! You make milk, your baby is demanding milk, your production is there, your baby is making plenty of diapers and gaining weight. So no problem. Normal for newborns to want to be attached to their mothers. Wake up and expect to spend the whole day feeding her. Most of us spent the 1st 8-12 weeks in our PJ's feeding our kids. Relax mama. It's going really really WELL!

Way too lazy for formula

And I have noticed that sh is chocking very often what should I do?
    do you mean choking? Can you tell us more?