Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going back to work at a year - need advice!

Default Re: Going back to work at a year - need advice!

Who knows, she might actually sleep more when you are not there!
    Anyway, hope it goes okay - I think it will.

me too! hope it goes well and i bet she & dh will do just fine.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Hi how did you get on with your first night?? What is the almond milk you gave? Xx

The nights that I've worked have been hit or miss. She apparently wakes up frequently still, but for the most part she's ok with a cuddle back to sleep from him. Occasionally she will wake and cry, and he'll give her cow's milk and cheese (she loves cheese!) and then she'll settle back. He's definitely tired the nights that I work though and is glad that I'm only working part time this year instead of my usual full time!

As for me, my breasts are definitely fuller when I work nights. The first night, I usually need to pump between 5 and 6 for a few minutes (with a hand pump, I get between 1-2 ounces), then at 8 when I get home, and then when I wake up around noon, and then at 2 or so before I go to pick her up. Subsequent nights, I can usually skip the first pump. It's really amazing how my supply adjusts after even one night!

ETA: I'm not sure which brand of almond milk she got at my SILs. I'll try to remember to ask her and post back.
    Last edited by @llli*carm3; October 21st, 2013 at 05:01 PM.