Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Will a Sippy Cup cause confusion? - 9 Month Old

Default Will a Sippy Cup cause confusion? - 9 Month Old

My 9 month old loves to play with her Sippy Cup and try to drink from it. She gets bottles while I am at work and nurses when we are together. Would complimenting one of her bottle feedings with a Sippy Cup cause any nipple confusion? It's not a nipple, but it's plastic, soft and she has to suck on it to get the milk out. It's one of those "starter" sippy cups. Also, she likes breastmilk out of it cold, right from the refigerator. Will that cause any confusion?

Default Re: Will a Sippy Cup cause confusion? - 9 Month Old

Nope. It should be fine. It's a good age to start introducing cups and if she'll drink breast milk out of it, all the better.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: Will a Sippy Cup cause confusion? - 9 Month Old

My LO was about 9 or 10 months when we started to give him one of those starter sippy cups with some water just to play with in the afternoon. He's now proficient at it, and it didn't cause any problems. We still just do water (add some ice when it's hot in the summer!) because he never drinks it all...not wanting to waste breastmilk.
    Andie

born 6/13/2012

~First-time Mama~
    and now finished with