Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Post-weaning question

Question Post-weaning question

Hi all. I weaned Dd2 a month ago. I just noticed that im producing a clear-ish gold-ish fluid in both breasts. Im wondering how long it takes to 'dry up' or if i should be considering this a possible sign of something else?
    Proud Wife to my Kyler 10/02/08
    Proud Mum to our Sarah 07/03/10 and Laura 02/03/12

Btdt: CS & VBAC
    Enjoying BFing- so much better the 2nd time (thanks lll ladies!)
    I love to with my Beco butterfly 2 and enjoying
    Happy SAHM, & Backyard farmer (I <3 chickens! [hoping to raise sheep for my budding fibre art passion, maybe a cow for a growing cheese habit ])

Default Re: Post-weaning question

It's normal to continue to see milk for weeks, months, or even years after nursing. It's not a health problem or evidence of a health problem.

As milk production ceases and the breast returns to a nearly pre-pregnant state, there are large shifts in the concentration of different milk components. The milk contains less and less lactose and water, and relatively more protein (including lactoferrin, serum albumin, and immunoglobulins). Basically, the milk turns into something more closely resembling colostrum- which would explain why what you're seeing is clear and golden rather than milky white.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"